Elias Admassu is an attorney in the firm’s workers’ compensation section. His practice focuses on defending insurance companies and employers in injury and occupational-disease claims, third-party liens and subrogation cases, and on appeal.
A former law clerk with significant litigation experience, Elias is dedicated to helping clients efficiently defend and close claims.
Outside of his practice, Elias enjoys volunteering. He has served as a pro bono attorney for victims of domestic violence and for children through the Safe Alliance, the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants, and the Council for Children’s Rights.
Elias is an avid angler and backpacker. When not practicing law, he can be found hiking in western North Carolina, stalking trout, or spending time with his family.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Appellate Practice
- Insurance Defense
- North Carolina, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, 2009
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, NC, 2008
- B.A., Howard University, Washington, DC, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Associate of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Public Risk Management Association
- Wake County Bar Association, Leadership Development Committee