Brian’s entire practice is dedicated to serving the needs of employers and insurance carriers in defending workers’ compensation claims in North Carolina. He places strong emphasis on the relationships he has with his clients while providing efficient and effective representation. Brian has successfully defended and closed claims at all levels of the Industrial Commission.
Brian has made numerous presentations to clients from Michigan to Florida on handling North Carolina Workers’ Compensation claims from beginning to end; communicating with physicians; managing returning to work; and claims handling under new statutes.
Outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife and three children. Brian is a member of Fuquay-Varina United Methodist Church and enjoys playing golf, visiting the beach, and cheering on his Michigan Wolverines.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- North Carolina, 2008
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. magna cum laude – 2008
- Honors: NCCU Scholar Scholarship
- Honors: Finalist in the Mary Wright Closing Argument Competition
- Law Journal: NCCU Law Journal, Senior Editor
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- A.B. magna cum laude – 2003
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- AV Rating from Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Member
- North Carolina State Bar, Member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member
- Wake County Bar Association., Member
- “Constitutionality of Amended NC Statute in Question”, MMR LegalLine, Winter, 2019
- “Cashing v. Cardenga: The Latest Example of How the Supreme Court Has Turned the Federal Arbitration Act into a State Defying Monstrosity.”, 29 N.C. Cent. L.J. 250, 2007
- Brian has made numerous presentations to clients from Michigan to Florida on handling North Carolina workers’ compensation claims from beginning to end; communicating with physicians; managing return-to-work; and how the 2011 statute changes affect claims handling.
- He has provided continuing legal education for lawyers, including classes on Social Media Ethics and Introduction to Workers’ Compensation for the North Carolina/South Carolina Employment Bar.